American Century Theater
The American Century Theater is dedicated to presenting great, important, and neglected plays of the Twentieth Century — what Henry Luce called “the American Century.” Our mission is based on the firm conviction that this theatrical repertoire — influential and critically acclaimed dramas, comedies, and teleplays first produced between 1920 and 1970 — portrays a uniquely American vision that is vital to our shared cultural heritage. In today's increasingly Balkanized society, finding this common ground has become essential.
Our mission is also driven by the belief that theater should be accessible to all citizens. For the mainstream audience today, the combination of prohibitive cost and adult-only themes makes it increasingly difficult to find appropriate theater-going experiences for the entire family. We know this need not be the case, and that America's finest dramas — written for a broad audience — contain significant themes and ideas that should be part of our collective wisdom as a nation.
Website: American Century Theater, Arlington, Virginia
2013 - 2014 Season
- Oh Dad, Poor Dad, Mama's Hung You in the Closet and I'm Feeling So Sad, March - April 2014 Schedule Auditions
- The Great American Century Songbook, July - August 2014 Schedule
2012 - 2013 Season
- One Night with Fanny Brice, November 2010 Schedule
- A Passion for Justice: The Clarence Darrow Story, October 2008 Schedule
- It Had to be You, September - October 2005