Kensington Arts Theatre – Sunday in the Park with GeorgeBy Laura & Mike Clark • Dec 12th, 2011 • Category: Shows
Kensington Arts Theatre has released details of the cast for their February 2012 production of Sunday in the Park with George. Sunday in the Park with George (music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, book by James Lapine) was inspired by the painting “A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte” by Georges Seurat. A complex work revolving around a fictionalized Seurat immersed in single-minded concentration while painting his masterpiece and the people in that picture. The production is directed by Craig Pettinati and the musical director is David M. Rohde.
- Georges/George: Ryan Burke
- Dot/Marie: Farrell Parker
- An Old Lady/Blair Daniels: Karen Fleming
- Her Nurse/Mrs./Harriet Pawling: Andrea Spitz
- Franz/Lee Randolph: Russell Silber
- Jules/Bob Greenberg: Jimmy Payne
- Yvonne/Naomi Eisen: Carmel Ferrer
- Boatman/Dennis: Ben Davis
- Soldier/Alex: Eric Jones
- Celeste #1/Elaine: Diana Rodriguez
- Celeste #2/Silent Artist: Erika White Abrams
- Louise: Talia Brenner
- Frieda/Betty: Lisa Gullickson
- Louis/Billy Webster: Wade Corder
- Mr./Charles Redmond: Thomas Copas
- General Admission: $20
- Seniors (60+): $17
- Students: $17
- Kensington Residents (with ID): $13
- Children (under 13): $13
- Groups Rate (10+): contact KAT House Manager in advance
Casting, ticket prices, and performance dates and location are subject to change.
This article can be linked to as: http://washingtondc.showbizradio.com/goto/7455.
Laura & Mike Clark started ShowBizRadio in August 2005 because they love live theater. They each have both performed in and worked behind the scenes in DC area productions, as well as earned a Career Studies Certificate in Theater from Northern Virginia Community College. Mike & Laura are each members of the American Theatre Critics Association, and Mike is a member of the Online News Association.