Jaylee MeadBy Michael Clark • Sep 15th, 2012 • Category: News
Jaylee Mead passed away this week. While I never met her, all DC area theater-lovers have been impacted by her generosity and love of theater. Here are three clips of her performing at NASA Goddard’s MAD Theater:
- Jaylee Mead as Berthe in Pippin, performing “Just No Time at All” on November 19, 1993.
- Jaylee Mead and Linda Smith in Mame, performing “Bosom Buddies” on November 20, 1987. Orchestra directed by Gilbert Mead.
- Jaylee Mead singing “There Once Was a Man” (The Pajama Game) with Lou Walter, at an open mic night, on the set of South Pacific in 1974; Gil Mead at the piano.
- Washington Post: Jaylee Mead dies: NASA astronomer was a cultural benefactor in D.C.
- DC Theatre Scene: Well-loved theatre philanthopist Jaylee Mead has died
- Washington Post: Jaylee Mead: A life lived offstage, devoted to what was on it
- TheatreWashington: Jaylee Montague Mead — Arts Supporter and Astronomer
- Maryland Theater Guide: Theatre News: Jaylee Mead, philanthropist of Washington theatre, passes
- DC Metro Theater Arts: Theatre Benefactor and Supporter Dr. Jaylee Mead Dies
- WAMU: Remembering D.C. Theater Icon Jaylee Mead
- Washingtonian: An Appreciation of the Late Jaylee Mead (registration required)
This article can be linked to as: http://washingtondc.showbizradio.com/goto/8595.