Audition for a Christian DramedyBy Laura & Mike Clark • Jun 25th, 2009 • Category: News
ShowBizRadio recently received word of a Christian dramedy to be produced in Northern Virginia later this year:
Local playwright/director is holding auditions for a new innovative Christian dramedy that is filled with laughter and tears and takes you inside the Chinese culture. Auditions are held on Saturday June 27th from 1-3pm in Woodbridge, VA. This is volunteer work and all proceeds will be donated to charity. Rehearsals will be held Friday evenings and weekends in Woodbridge for about 3 to 4 months. Food and beverages will be provided during rehearsals. Play will be performed at a local theater. This is a great opportunity to experience a new kind of play, gain more experience to add to your resume/portfolio, and receive exposure. If you are interested, please email a head shot and a resume to zellasenni -at- hotmail.com. Once your head shot and resume are received you will then be notified of the specific location for the audition. Please prepare a one minute monologue for the audition.
If you do not fit the age range of the character or the ethnicity, but are 18 and over, then please do audition because makeup can do wonders.
- Aunt: Mid to late 40’s, pushy, heavy Asian accent, likes to play mahjong, nosy, values traditions, and thinks she’s always right
- Niece: Late 20’s, Americanized niece, independent, artistic, and nice
- Grandma: 50 and over, only speaks Cantonese (actress will be taught how to say her lines), likes to play mahjong, watch Chinese soaps, eat, and values traditions
- Male 1: Late 20’s to early 30’s, nerdy man with Asian accent who likes computers, plays video games, can’t dance, and very traditional
- Male 2: Late 20’s to early 30’s, arrogant, jerk, selfish, womanizer, a show off, dances well, and a computer geek
- Male 3: Late 20’s to early 30’s, gentleman, dances well, successful, and owns a computer business
- Male 4: 20 and over, nerdy English professor who is a gentleman
- Male 5: 20 and over, an arrogant car sales man
- Male 6: 20 and over, an English photographer who is bossy
- Extras: Morning walkers, waiters, dancers, bum date, disgusting man, models, and customers dining
This article can be linked to as: http://washingtondc.showbizradio.com/goto/3954.
Laura & Mike Clark started ShowBizRadio in August 2005 because they love live theater. They each have both performed in and worked behind the scenes in DC area productions, as well as earned a Career Studies Certificate in Theater from Northern Virginia Community College. Mike & Laura are each members of the American Theatre Critics Association, and Mike is a member of the Online News Association.