New Design for the Web SiteBy Laura & Mike Clark • May 1st, 2008 • Category: ShowBizRadio
After several months of talking with people about what they do and don’t like about the ShowBizRadio web site, we have finally published our new design. I’m still finding a few places where the template needs tweaking, but it appears that everything is basically working. If you see any obviously broken pages, please let us know (contact at showbizradio.net). I’ll need to know which web browser and type of computer you are using.
- The home page is hopefully more attractive, with photos highlighting each review.
- We can feature specific articles for a longer period of time. For example, an interview can be the first article on the home page for an entire week, as opposed to being pushed off the home page when we publish reviews.
- When printing, the sidebar doesn’t print, only the main body of the page does.
- The right sidebar listing of shows playing is now broken out by region (Virginia, Maryland or the District) and only includes the show name and city. Click the show name to see the details.
- The ad we are running is higher on the page. Some people didn’t like that on the new design, but it seems more fair to the advertiser. We do list each week’s sponsors on the lower part of the sidebar as well.
We still have more changes to implement, such as changing some of the categories around, adding in a lot of photos that have accumulated over the past month, and other features that will make it easier for you to find the shows you want to attend.
We definitely want feedback (positive and/or negative), you can email contact at showbizradio.net or leave a comment here.
The new design is based mostly off of the Mimbo theme, from Darren Hoyt.
This article can be linked to as: http://washingtondc.showbizradio.com/goto/2263.
Laura & Mike Clark started ShowBizRadio in August 2005 because they love live theater. They each have both performed in and worked behind the scenes in DC area productions, as well as earned a Career Studies Certificate in Theater from Northern Virginia Community College. Mike & Laura are each members of the American Theatre Critics Association, and Mike is a member of the Online News Association.