Sterling Playmakers Seeks Directors for 2007-2008 SeasonBy Laura & Mike Clark • Apr 19th, 2007 • Category: ShowBizRadio
The Sterling Playmakers (btw – The Miracle Worker opens tomorrow night!) has asked us to announce their call for Directors for next season:
Are you interested in directing a Sterling Playmakers’ production during our 2007-2008 season or in Fall of 2008? Please visit our web site at www.sterlingplaymakers.com for more information and the application form. You will have the opportunity to meet with the Board of Directors at a special meeting on June 5 to present a short overview of your concept for the show you apply for and participate in a brief question and answer period.
If you have any questions or trouble accessing the form online, please do not hesitate to contact Deb Bartram at email@example.com.
- The Mousetrap, by Agatha Christie. November 2-4/9-11, 2007. Main stage production of this Agatha Christie classic murder mystery that was orginally a short radio play called Three Blind Mice.
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, by Barbara Robinson. November 30-December 2, December 7-9, 2007. A holiday treat!
- Valentine’s Day Follies, February 8-10, 2008. A director’s choice variety show.
- Harvey, by Mary Chase. April 11-13/18-20, 2008. A main stage play comedy about a man and his imaginary rabbit friend.
- Shakespeare in the Park. June 6-8, 2008. A one act Shakespeare festival.
- Oklahoma!, by Rodgers and Hammerstein. July 25-27, August 1-3, August 8-10, 2008. Rodgers’ and Hammerstein’s first musical.
- Flowers for Algernon, by David Rogers. Mid-November 2008. Fall 2008 main stage production. The play is based on the book by Daniel Keyes and was made into the film Charly (1968).
This article can be linked to as: http://washingtondc.showbizradio.com/goto/1917.
Laura & Mike Clark started ShowBizRadio in August 2005 because they love live theater. They each have both performed in and worked behind the scenes in DC area productions, as well as earned a Career Studies Certificate in Theater from Northern Virginia Community College. Mike & Laura are each members of the American Theatre Critics Association, and Mike is a member of the Online News Association.